View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
The Ian Hunter To Tour Down Under Campaign 

Post Re: The Ian Hunter To Tour Down Under Campaign
From the latest Horses Mouth:

Colin Thayer: ‘Would you please do me and many other members a favor and just say you will not tour Australia.’ Can’t do that – leave it open for now.

Keep the dream alive, mate!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:10 pm

sounds one up from "we will see"

G

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm wondering who the many other members are, personally I find it very easy to not read threads that don't interest me.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:08 pm

I saw that post on the Horse's Mouth. I'm guessing Colin Thayer is our depressed and pitiful little troll who also posts very occasionaly similar sentiments on this thread.

Before this burst of comments this thread had 1300 plus views since my last post just over a week ago!!!!!! The normal view count per post on this Message Board is 80 to 200! There is a hell of a lot of interest in this campaign out there and a lot of observers, lurkers, observers and interested fans that should be joining our Facebook campaign group and showing and sharing their support. 700 plus members and growing :-) See the attached link.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/153915056 ... =bookmarks

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Just to keep up your enthusiasm Tom, many years ago a certain person from Glasgow started promoting the old MTH song No Wheels To Ride, using every opportunity to promote the song. There was no way that this was even on Ian's radar initially, but after years of subtle (and more often than not, not so subtle) hints, eventually Ian did perform the song a few times. And when he did, it sure brought those old memories of the original MTH up there on the stage flooding back.

Keep going.

G

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Jamie wrote:
From the latest Horses Mouth:

Colin Thayer: ‘Would you please do me and many other members a favor and just say you will not tour Australia.’ Can’t do that – leave it open for now.

Keep the dream alive, mate!

Keep going Tom, as I have said before sometimes it all bores the bum off me, but I truly admire your resolve, and as Hooplah says you dont áctually need to visit threads that do not interest you.

Kudos to IH for even deigning to respond to that one on the Horses Mouth.

MO

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 pm

grastark wrote:
Just to keep up your enthusiasm Tom, many years ago a certain person from Glasgow started promoting the old MTH song No Wheels To Ride, using every opportunity to promote the song. There was no way that this was even on Ian's radar initially, but after years of subtle (and more often than not, not so subtle) hints, eventually Ian did perform the song a few times. And when he did, it sure brought those old memories of the original MTH up there on the stage flooding back.

Keep going.

G

I think we should have the lyrics for NWTR printed off and distributed at any future Ian Hunter & The Rant Band gig...then at the end of the show when [if] they come back on stage for an encore we should sing it to the Band!

Well maybe the first few lines...cut and paste folks...

No wheels to ride
No wheels to travel
No tracks to take on down
The road I walk is getting heavy
But I must still go on
And in the night
I hear the calling
As the train goes by
Then all I hear is my footsteps falling
Upon the tears I cry

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:48 am

The great Martin Chambers has quoted Ian Hunter in the intro to his latest blog on his Facebook page about his current Australian tour with The Pretenders :-)

"As Ian Hunter always said: 'Never get too good!' Damn right! Slick Rock ‘n’ roll is boring".

I saw The Pretenders play an absolutely fantastic show at The Forum in Melbourne last night. One of the best lives I've seen in a long time. Chrissie was chatty and funny and in amazing voice and the band were fantastic, especially James Walbourne on guitar. I saw him supporting and playing in the legendary Ray Davies' band at the Royal Albert Hall and the Liverpool Philharmonic in the UK in October 2012 :-) It was great to finally meet and have a chat with Martin Chambers outside the venue after the show :-) The last time I saw him play was with MTH in 2009 and 2013 :-)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/153915056 ... 3236050397

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17