View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
The Ian Hunter To Tour Down Under Campaign 

Post Re: The Ian Hunter To Tour Down Under Campaign
Tom

I really hope this all works after all the effort you have put into it. Unfortunately my interview for the job in Perth was not a success, and will not be joining you at the Australian gigs when they happen

Nigel

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:58 am

Man Overboard wrote:
Tom

I really hope this all works after all the effort you have put into it. Unfortunately my interview for the job in Perth was not a success, and will not be joining you at the Australian gigs when they happen

Nigel

Hi Nigel.

I'm sorry to hear that you missed out on the Perth job. Thanks for your support.

Cheers, Tom.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:46 am

I think you just might pull this off

Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:10 am

callmeafan3 wrote:
I think you just might pull this off

Time will tell Rick :-)

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Two more former Ian Hunter alumni are touring Australia next year :-) Glen Matlock and Ear Slick along with Slim Jim Phantom as the Men Of No Shame are playing a series of club shows in February and March. They are having a Q & A session with the audience before each show. They are doing two shows in Melbourne including the last night at The Flying Saucer Club whic only holds about 250 people so quite an intimate show. It should be a great show :-)

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:30 pm

I just got an email response from Joe Elliott of Def Leppard which is very much appreciated given his current busy tour schedule :-) Their Australian tour starts this week with Sydney tomorrow night followed by Melbourne on Wednesday night and beyond. He says they aren't playing any Ian Hunter / Mott The Hoople songs in their set at the moment - especially with the new album to promote. And for the same reason he is a bit reluctant to give a shout-out for the campaign from the stage. But he says he is more than happy to promote the Ian Hunter cause in Australia if he gets the opportunity in any radio / TV interviews, and when he is talking to people in the local music industry including his local promoter :-) :-) Any help on his part will be greatly appreciated.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Impressive Tom. You know if your current job doesn't interest you anymore you might consider the promoter route. You're off to a good start. :)

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

rick a. wrote:
Impressive Tom. You know if your current job doesn't interest you anymore you might consider the promoter route. You're off to a good start. :)

Funny you should mention that Rick :-) One of my work colleagues at the David Bowie exhibition said the same thing a couple of months ago. :-) If I had the money I would love to give it a try - and Ian Hunter & The Rant Band would be at the top of my list of tours to promote :-) I know it can be a risky business but after looking at the costs involved and some spreadsheets supplied by a friend in the music industry if you make the right decisions at worst you should break even on a tour, otherwise it's a question of how much money you should make. I would also love to bring some other faves such as Alejandro Escovedo and Chuck Prophet to Australia (maybe as a double bill sharing the same band), Jason & The Scorchers with Dan Baird from The Georgia Satellites as a guest playing with them, and Graham Parker & The Rumour if they were still playing shows. And the fabulous Flamin' Groovies again :-)

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:26 am

tomcaulf wrote:
If I had the money I would love to give it a try - and Ian Hunter & The Rant Band would be at the top of my list of tours to promote :-) I know it can be a risky business but after looking at the costs involved and some spreadsheets supplied by a friend in the music industry if you make the right decisions at worst you should break even on a tour, otherwise it's a question of how much money you should make. I would also love to bring some other faves such as Alejandro Escovedo and Chuck Prophet to Australia (maybe as a double bill sharing the same band), Jason & The Scorchers with Dan Baird from The Georgia Satellites as a guest playing with them, and Graham Parker & The Rumour if they were still playing shows. And the fabulous Flamin' Groovies again :-)
Between those and the local acts you like, you sound about one big lottery win away from a bloody decent festival :wink:

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 am

Jelly9666 wrote:
Between those and the local acts you like, you sound about one big lottery win away from a bloody decent festival :wink:

Too true Jelly :-) It wasn't tonights Tattslotto unfortunately :-( And I would add Garland Jeffreys and his band (including Mr. Bosch) to that list as well :-) With Garland following on from an Ian Hunter tour so Mark Bosch wouldn't have to fly out twice :-) ;-) Most of those artists mentioned are a wish list. Hopefully when the local promoter gets his offer in (he was still working on it last week when I emailed him) Mr. Hunter and The Rant Band will be a reality. Fingers crossed :-) :-)

Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:25 pm

I actually met the promoter who is interested on Friday night at the Ron Sexsmith show I went to as he was promoting Ron's tour. It was nice to finally catch up with him in person. He seems like a really nice guy which I had already been told by a mutual friend. From all accounts he is a well respected and successful veteran of the Australian music industry. We had a bit of a chat about different things - just social small talk. We didn't get the chance to talk about Ian Hunter because it was during the Ron Sexsmith show and we were both keen to watch his show.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:47 pm

tomcaulf wrote:
...... We didn't get the chance to talk about Ian Hunter because it was during the Ron Sexsmith show and we were both keen to watch his show.

that really doesn't sound like you Tom . I get the thing about there to see RS, but not getting at least one little jib in about IH - I don't believe it!

G

Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:06 am

grastark wrote:
tomcaulf wrote:
...... We didn't get the chance to talk about Ian Hunter because it was during the Ron Sexsmith show and we were both keen to watch his show.

that really doesn't sound like you Tom . I get the thing about there to see RS, but not getting at least one little jib in about IH - I don't believe it!

G

I did surprise myself too Graham :-) We had swapped emails again only a week or two earlier though so I didn't want to nag him. But he did get a reminder indirectly because at the end of the night Ron Sexsmith's partner Colleen was talking to me and the promoter and she commented on what a great thing I was doing trying to make it happen (I had mentioned the campaign to her earlier) which got a sideways glance and smile in my direction from the promoter. The times we were chatting took place either in the entrance to the venue or at the back of the venue so there were always people coming and going and it was pretty hectic all round.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:19 am

Wishing all my fellow Message Boarders and Ian, Trudi and the fabulous Rant Band members a merry and safe Christmas, and a healthy and happy New Year :-) Fingers still crossed that 2016 will bring what will be some very welcome and very well attended Ian Hunter & The Rant Band shows in Australia :-)

The attached is a humorous look at Christmas by Australian singer / songwriter Mick Thomas, of Weddings Parties Anything fame, who I saw perform this song at the Memo Music Hall in Melbourne last Saturday night :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQWx3vEj74

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Location: Downtown E/K, Bonnie Scotland. (Ian's spiritual home !)
Hope you had a great Christmas Tom and, more importantly (for you) hope 2016 is the best year - good luck !!!

Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next