View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 2485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Upcoming shows ... 

Post Re: Upcoming shows ...
Nick Cave at Nottingham late September, cant wait!!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Johnny Clegg ni October
KMFDM in October
Ian Hunter in November

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Tomorrow night (Saturday) at The Forum in Melbourne a great double fill featuring the legendary Hoodoo Gurus supported by fellow veterans You Am I :-)

I've seen the Gurus heaps of times since the mid 80s onwards. They are my favourite Australian rock group of all time and never put on a bad show. It will be the first time I've seen You Am I live I'm ashamed to say despite having a few of their albums for years. Both Dave Faulkner from the Gurus and Tim Rogers from You Am I are huge MTH / Ian Hunter fans, as are most if not all of their fellow band members. I've met and spoken to Dave twice over the last few years, and Tim once, about our shared fandom of MTH and Ian Hunter. Tim is also a member of my campaign group. I'm expecting to get quite a few comments from fellow fans at the gig when they see the Ian Hunter t-shirt I will be wearing :-)

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 pm

callmeafan3 wrote:
You could always bunk at my place for a day or 2

Thanks for the offers Rick and Andy :-) ;-) If there was any way I could do it I would definitely be on the US west coast in a couple of weeks time for a few weeks for some great live shows but my bank account and work says no unfortunately. As great as the UK was in June seeing Ian Hunter / Chuck Prophet and The Church at the Fillmore and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers / Lucinda Williams at the Hollywood Bowl and catching up again with fellow fans / friends would have given it a real run for it's money as an alternative :-) :-( I might have to go offline for a few weeks in mid-September because the frustration will be killing me :-(

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Beth Hart
September 18
Kansas City, MO

Kansas
October 6
Topeka, KS

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Summerhill. Hug&Pint, Glasgow tonight.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 pm

My vain attempt to become bigger than SJM in the UK...any money made goes to the players and the theatre...I may have screwed my business model.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Chuck Prophet @ the Make Out Room in SF this Saturday.

Just secured tickets for Alejandro Escovedo and the Burn Something Beautiful band (Peter Buck, et al) for the November 16th show at the Great American Music Hall. Looking forward to seeing this band.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:44 pm

My upcoming gig list:

5 October, The Three Aces (Warner Hodges, Eric Ambel and Webb Wilder) , Bristol
7 October, John Cooper Clarke, Hay on Wye
18 October, Ian Hunter, Murcia
19 October, Ian Hunter, Madrid
20 October, Ian Hunter, Bilbao
4 November, South Westerlies Orchestra of the National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain, Taunton
20 November, Chuck Prophet, Cardiff
22 November Tom Russell, Cardiff

David.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:14 pm
Site Admin

Here's my dance card:

Oct 12 - Bash & Pop, Pawtucket RI
Oct 15 - Peter Wolf, Derry NH
Nov 5 - Last In Line, Derry NH
Nov 16 - Terry Reid, Peekskill NY
Nov 17 - Ian Hunter, Montclair NJ
Nov 18 - Ian Hunter, Boston MA
Nov 22 - Todd Rundgren, Derry NH
Nov 25 - Ian Hunter, Derry NH

Ansd maybe Reeves Gabrels, the Lyres, and Paul Collins Beat tucked in there somewhere.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

Justin wrote:
Here's my dance card:

Oct 12 - Bash & Pop, Pawtucket RI
Oct 15 - Peter Wolf, Derry NH
Nov 5 - Last In Line, Derry NH
Nov 16 - Terry Reid, Peekskill NY
Nov 17 - Ian Hunter, Montclair NJ
Nov 18 - Ian Hunter, Boston MA
Nov 22 - Todd Rundgren, Derry NH
Nov 25 - Ian Hunter, Derry NH

Ansd maybe Reeves Gabrels, the Lyres, and Paul Collins Beat tucked in there somewhere.

I would love to see Peter Wolf live, and Ian Hunter again of course :-) The Paul Collins Beat are highly recommended - I've seen him twice over the years on his visits to Melbourne.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:55 am

Just a reminder to our North American members that the legendary Australian singer/songwriter Paul Kelly is in the middle of a tour over there promoting his excellent new album. This tour features his full band, including the amazing Vika and Linda Bull on backing vocals and some lead vocals. Highly recommended if you get the opportunity :-)

Later in the year they are touring Australia, including a big outdoors show in Melbourne featuring the legendary Steve Earle as support. That show has been sold out for weeks which caught me off guard because I haven't got a ticket yet :-( I will have to try and chase one up.

https://www.paulkelly.com.au/tour/

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:09 am

I'm trying to keep a lid on my spending at the moment but as Spring / Summer rolls around over here the concert / live gig calendar is starting to fill up with newly announced shows. Apart from the above mentioned Paul Kelly show I already have tickets for my first ever Midnight Oil show (a few rows from the front at the Myer Music Bowl) in November and my second ever Paul McCartney show (after seeing Wings tour here in the mid 70s) in December - Platinum Tickets down the front at AAMI Stadium and free courtesy of a generous relative :-)

There are a few club shows I'm looking at as well if time, money and time off work permits. The Pretenders, who I've been a big fan of ever since the release of their first album, are touring Australia again in November supporting Stevie Nicks on a big outdoor wineries and stadiums tour. I wasn't planning on going to those but they've just announced some Pretenders headlining sideshows including at the fabulous Forum (capacity 1500) in Melbourne. It's a great venue to see them in. I've only seen The Pretenders live once before on a double bill with The Church at a large outdoor winery show about ten years ago and they were still great. Judging from what I've seen online Martin Chambers is still part of the touring lineup (it appears their recent album in 2016 featured session musicians backing Chrissie). It seems James Walbourne is also still a member of the band. I saw him supporting and playing with Ray Davies at the Royal Albert Hall in London and the Liverpool Philharmonic in October 2012. He's a great guitarist. Has anyone seen the Pretenders live in recent years? I would be curious to hear your feedback.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Just a reminder to the Californian members of this group that the legendary Paul Kelly and his fantastic band, featuring Vika and Linda on backing vocals, are playing the last two nights of their North American tour in at Slims in San Francisco tonight (Friday) and The Roxy in Los Angeles on Sunday night. They have been getting great reviews and are highly recommended :-) As is his new album, 'Life Is Fine'.

https://www.paulkelly.com.au/tour/

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Tom,

I've heard a couple of cuts from the new album on the radio and quite like it. Unfortunately the timing is not good for tonight's gig. Now if it was on Saturday.........

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 2485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next