View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Recent Shows 

Post Recent Shows
I saw the amazing Old Crow Medicine Show from the USA at The Forum in Melbourne last night :-) They were performing their '50 Years Of Blonde On Blonde' show. I saw them perform at the Manchester Ritz in Manchester in the UK in June and, prior to that, eight years ago at the Moss Vale festival in Victoria. They do not know how to play a bad show. Highly recommended :-)

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Post Re: Recent Shows
Willie,Kev and I saw a great show at Shakespeares tonight where Jim Maving was playing with Case Hardin......a great band and if you live near Liverpool go see them tonight!.....The dog's bollocks does spring to mind......

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:18 am
Site Admin

Tommy Stinson last Thursday at The Met in Pawtucket RI. Good sound, sparse crowd (maybe 100). Merch included a numbered limited edition signed poster done by a local artist for $10. Great show.

Peter Wolf Sunday night at The Tupelo in Derry NH. Good sound, full house. Merch included signed vinyl copies of "A Cure For Loneliness" for $20. Great show.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:48 pm
Profile WWW

Wish Peter Wolf would play around here.

I think he did a couple of years back, but I couldn't make it.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

rgw wrote:
Willie,Kev and I saw a great show at Shakespeares tonight where Jim Maving was playing with Case Hardin......a great band and if you live near Liverpool go see them tonight!.....The dog's bollocks does spring to mind......

great show, great company, great night

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

Roy Wood last night in glasgow
Great show but only 65 minutes in total and £30 a ticket .....not a patch on Mr Hunter

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm
Profile WWW

Dan Bairds band tonight with the one and only Otis Gibbs in support (wish he had longer than a half hour slot though)

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:32 pm
Profile WWW

No Wheels wrote:
Dan Bairds band tonight with the one and only Otis Gibbs in support (wish he had longer than a half hour slot though)

Drag him down to Broadcast and take over the stage after the gig - it's an early finish so...no reason not to do another half hour between 10.30 and 11.00... 8) :wink:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 pm

No Wheels wrote:
Roy Wood last night in glasgow
Great show but only 65 minutes in total and £30 a ticket .....not a patch on Mr Hunter

Mr Wood has not worn so well as Mr Hunter.... but then again who has?

G

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 pm

King Crimson.....Boston

They have 3 drummers, (2 too many ) in my book, but they are doing songs from the entire Crimson song book. The band was tight and the crowd was really into it. Numerous standing ovations. They played almost the entire first album, "in the court of the crimson king". Two 50 minute sets with a break in between, and then another 15 minute encore. I heard songs they haven't ever played live before and many I haven't heard since the early 70's. If you like them at all and thtey are coming to your town, check them out. You won't be disappointed.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:28 am

Chrissie Hynde from The Pretenders has posted the following great message about their fantastic show at The Forum in Melbourne, which I went to Friday night, on The Pretenders FB page. I couldn't agree more with her comments and it definitely showed in her performance and demeanour on stage. And her band were great, especially the amazing James Walbourne on guitar :-)

Hi Everyone!

Last Friday was one of our all time favourite shows here at the Forum in Melbourne. It was the perfect venue. Standing audience ( like a big club) and the sound was great. Lots of familiar faces up the front. And NOT ONE PERSON USING A PHONE during the whole show..... proper rock audience.

Thanks again everyone who came to see us. We’ve had a great time in Australia and hope to come back before too long.

Xch

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

tomcaulf wrote:
.... And NOT ONE PERSON USING A PHONE during the whole show.....

I won't steal his thunder but Mottman put a good response to this on f/book. (well I though it was funny anyway)

G

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Chuck Prophet - Cardiff

Finally taking the hint from other MB'ers and David Finch in particular, I thought I had better go and see what the fuss was all about. What a great band & Chuck is a great guitarist and front man, great interaction with the audience. I'm off to explore Chuck's back catalogue - where should I start?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:27 pm

geofff wrote:
I'm off to explore Chuck's back catalogue - where should I start?

You can't really go wrong with just taking the new one 'Bobby Fuller' and working backwards from there.

Of the older albums, 'No Other Love' , 'Age Of Miracles' and 'Homemade Blood' are the stand-outs...
my entry point was 'Temple Beautiful'... so that one holds a favourite spot for me.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 pm

hookway wrote:
....my entry point was 'Temple Beautiful'... so that one holds a favourite spot for me.

It is often the way that the first cut is the deepest.

G

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next