View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
The Ian Hunter To Tour Down Under Campaign 

Post Re: The Ian Hunter To Tour Down Under Campaign
I hope the recent unfortunate cancellation of the IH shows in Japan doesn't affect any future IH shows in Australia. I would think that for it to be a successful trip it would need to included the West Coast followed by Japan and then on to Australia. Fingers Crossed. You deserve it Tom

Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:16 am

callmeafan3 wrote:
I hope the recent unfortunate cancellation of the IH shows in Japan doesn't affect any future IH shows in Australia. I would think that for it to be a successful trip it would need to included the West Coast followed by Japan and then on to Australia. Fingers Crossed. You deserve it Tom

Hopefully it will have no affect at all Rick. If anything it should be a positive for some Australian shows as they will provide the opportunity for quite a few Japanese and south-east Asian based fans to travel here for some shows.

An Australian tour should be substantial enough on its own if it is promoted and scheduled properly regardless of whether there are Japanese or US west coast shows before or after. If I was promoting the tour I would propose the following touring schedule:

Wednesday night, Brisbane. The Triffid. 700 fans.
Friday night, Sydney. The Metro Theatre. 1100 fans.
Saturday night, Sydney. The Metro Theatre. 1100 fans.
Monday night, Perth. Venue TBA. 700 fans.
Wednesday night, Adelaide. The Gov. 700 fans.
Friday night, Melbourne. The Forum. 1200 to 1500 fans.
Saturday night, Melbourne. The Forum. 1200 to 1500 fans.
Sunday night, Melbourne. Venue TBA. 800 to 1200 fans.

Add a couple of shows in New Zealand and you are looking at 9000 plus fans over ten shows in just over two weeks in Australia and New Zealand. That is the equivalent to playing ten nearly sold out shows at The Fillmore in San Francisco which are Ian's biggest American shows by far. So ten shows down under will draw much more fans than the equivalent number of shows in the USA or Europe. Add a well stocked and staffed merchandise desk grossing $7000 to $10000 plus in merchandise per show and you are looking at decent revenue for an Australian tour.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:59 pm

'Welcome to the club' to twenty plus new members in our Facebook campaign group for September :-) Along with a few new members in October already we should break through the 700 members mark this month :-) Any observers / lurkers out there please join the attached group and show and share your support.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1539150562994336

A few miscellaneous items.

- About a week ago I was chatting to an English couple at the Penguin Parade from near Reading. I mentioned I was in the UK in June including seeing some Ian Hunter shows. They told me their neighbour across the road, Mick or Michael Stone (I might be wrong with the surname) was a big fan and had seen Ian Hunter live at the show in Frome which I went to as well :-) Is that gentleman a member of this group or does anyone know him?
- Last Saturday at the Old Crow Medicine Show at The Forum in Melbourne a guy came up to me in the foyer after the show after sighting my Ian Hunter t-shirt. He asked me whether Ian was still alive? :-) :roll: When I told him very much so and about Ian's recent albums and live shows, as a big fan in the past he was very interested in checking them out. He told me what heaps of Australian fans and musicians have told me - that there will be thousands of fans coming out of the woodwork to see Ian Hunter perform live in Australia :-)
- Last night at the Penguin Parade I had a middle aged German couple on my tour. I mentioned at the start of the night that one of my favourite music artists was currently touring Germany but didn't mention any names. At the end of the tour I was chatting to the guests on my tour including a few American couples about my recent travels and seeing a few Ian Hunter shows. When I mentioned Ian Hunter's name the German gentleman's face lit up in recognition. It turns out he was a big fan in the past and had no idea Ian was touring Germany and was disappointed he was missing his shows there this month.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:38 am

I have wound my neck in for long enough.this stuff is pure fantasy and boring.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Please feel free to skip reading this section then. I personally hope Tom pulls it off and enjoy his enthusiasm and updates

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm

keep on burning wrote:
I have wound my neck in for long enough.this stuff is pure fantasy and boring.

Mr. Doom and Gloom is back again :-) :roll: You must lead a pretty pathetic existence mate if you get your jollies taking cheap and ill-informed shots at positive people trying to make a difference. An Australian tour isn't confirmed yet but in case you missed it Ian himself said in a recent radio interview they are seriously looking at coming here in 2018. I know there is heaps of good will from many local and international fans and from the Rant Band members and the Ian Hunter camp for it to happen. If a tour does happen it will be a huge success and local fans will come to see him in big numbers.

Just wind yourself back in again and go back in to your hole. Otherwise we might start pitying you and we can't have that can we :-) If you don't like what you're reading scroll on. And maybe try and make a postive contribution to this message board elsewhere.

This thread has had 670 plus views since my post a few days ago so lots of interest out there and you are well and truly in the minority mate. Thank goodness :-) :-)

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 pm

keep boring us Tom :wink:

G

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Well said Tom. I know you have the support of a vast majority of the members here. As stated above I hope you pull it off and that it is everything that you hope for it to be. No one has put more time or effort into it as you and no one is more deserving of it than you. Don't let the sods get you down

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:42 pm

callmeafan3 wrote:
Well said Tom. I know you have the support of a vast majority of the members here. As stated above I hope you pull it off and that it is everything that you hope for it to be. No one has put more time or effort into it as you and no one is more deserving of it than you. Don't let the sods get you down

Hyn a ddywedodd!

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am

diolch yn fawr iawn

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Two nights ago at the Penguin Parade I was chatting to a group of UK visitors in their 60s from Southampton. When I mentioned my recent UK trips and seeing some Ian Hunter shows a gentleman in the group told me he saw Mott The Hoople at the Greyhound Hotel in Croydon in 1970 :-) He wasn't aware Ian was still producing great music and performing great live shows and intended checking him out :-)

Last night at the Penguin Parade I had a UK couple in their late 50s from Norfolk on my tour. After mentioning my recent trips and Ian Hunter shows the gentleman told me he saw a great Ian Hunter show in Milton Keynes a few years ago now :-) He wasn't aware Ian was still touring and producing great new music and was going to check him out :-)

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:18 am

Keep flying the flag Mate

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:47 am

Ian Hunter & The Rant Band have just played the last show of their European tour to rave reviews in Spain. This run of shows began on the US west coast in September. As posted elsewhere by Andy the attached great video featuring their encore at the iconic Fillmore in San Francisco has surfaced on Youtube. Ian and the band are joined by Chuck Prophet and Scott McCaughey (REM). I can imagine this being The Forum in Melbourne (two nights), The Metro in Sydney (two nights) and other venues down under - can you? A big welcome to our ten new members so far this month. Unfortunately we've had a similar amount drop off the radar. Hang in their folks. We are so close to making a local tour happen but we need all the support we can get. The more the merrier. Please share this group with your family and friends and to the many lurkers/observers out there - please 'join' this illustrious group and show and share your support. Fingers crossed :-)

https://youtu.be/bOLPSvfqksM

This thread has received 1080 views since my last post just over a week ago. Extraordinary numbers and indicates there are a hell of a lot of lurkers and interested fans out there :-) If you are from down under or overseas and are interested in seeing some shows down here then please join the attached group and show and share your support :-) Nearly 700 members and rising.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1539150562994336

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:30 am

Ian Hunter was interviewed today on the US east coast community radio station WFMU based in New Jersey :-) Coincidentally leading up to the interview three Australian bands were featured in the music played (see playlist attached) :-) The Dubrovniks cover of 'My Coo Ca Choo', a song from the great new second album by the Sydney based power pop / rock band The On And Ons and the legendary Easybeats. RIP George Young. The program including the interview have been archived so you can listen to them.

https://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/75578

Several members of the Australian bands mentioned above including Clyde Bramley of The On And Ons (and ex Hoodoo Gurus) are members of our Australian campaign Facebook group along with a who's who of the Australian music industry. If I was promoting an Ian Hunter tour I would have a band like The On And Ons supporting Ian Hunter over two shows at The Metro Theatre (1100 capacity) in Sydney on a Friday and Saturday night and a great band called Even as the support over two to three nights at The Forum (1500 capacity) in Melbourne the following Friday to Sunday with other city shows inbetween :-)

This thread has had 840 plus views since my last post a week ago!!! Just saying :-) Make this happen guys. There are a hell of a lot of interested lurkers / observers out there online, or aren't on Facebook or joiners :-) :-(

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:34 am

Just heard that show from Tom's link. It seems like a good programme even without the Ian Hunter bits ( which are dotted around all across this show in addition to the interview.

Recommended listening for all.

G

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next