View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:41 am



Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
In looking at the Boston City Winery site, it looks like the shows scheduled so far have been moved to other venues, at a great inconvenience to everyone concerned.
I hope that it does open as scheduled a few days before Ian's date. Looks like as of now, the first show is on the 15th?
Any more definitive word on this Justin? Would hate to make the long drive for nothing!


Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:06 am
Posts: 5991
Location: NH
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
hfreiman wrote:
In looking at the Boston City Winery site, it looks like the shows scheduled so far have been moved to other venues, at a great inconvenience to everyone concerned.
I hope that it does open as scheduled a few days before Ian's date. Looks like as of now, the first show is on the 15th?
Any more definitive word on this Justin? Would hate to make the long drive for nothing!


I didn't realize this - I thought they had opened as scheduled in mid-September.

I just got an invitation to the grand opening, which is on November 20th.

I am looking into this and will report if I learn anything.


Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:20 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
Thanks Justin. I had assumed it had opened also but checked out website for some reason and saw the schedule. Hope show goes on as scheduled but may need to grab dinner somewhere else. Thanks again for keeping us posted


Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:04 am
Posts: 14910
Location: bahston
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
Oooooh. I have a large group coming in for this. I'll volunteer my backyard but it could be a bit chilly outside.


Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:19 am
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:10 am
Posts: 1265
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
rick a. wrote:
Oooooh. I have a large group coming in for this. I'll volunteer my backyard but it could be a bit chilly outside.


Rick,

Do you still have the Rod Stewart dart board;)

Mark


Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 18804
Location: My Mind's Gone
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
...just don't let anyone venture into the woods (I have just been watching the first series of Jordskott)

G

_________________
I Still Love Rock And Roll


Last edited by grastark on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 18804
Location: My Mind's Gone
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
hfreiman wrote:
Thanks Justin. I had assumed it had opened also but checked out website for some reason and saw the schedule. Hope show goes on as scheduled but may need to grab dinner somewhere else. Thanks again for keeping us posted


It is on their website. If you search for all shows it has it listed but also shows it as sold out. I guess that is whty they took it off their headline banner of shows.

http://www.citywinery.com/boston/tickets.html?event_date=2017-11-18
G

_________________
I Still Love Rock And Roll


Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:04 am
Posts: 14910
Location: bahston
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
Mark wrote:
rick a. wrote:
Oooooh. I have a large group coming in for this. I'll volunteer my backyard but it could be a bit chilly outside.


Rick,

Do you still have the Rod Stewart dart board;)

Mark


No. I sold it on ebay for $2000.00 to some guy from Glasgow!


Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:49 am
Posts: 205
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
Hopes to open on Wednesday 15th November according to wbur

http://www.wbur.org/artery/2017/11/10/c ... ery-boston


Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
To quote the master, Fingers Crossed


Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
getting extremely nervous about all this:


https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/n ... story.html


Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:26 am
Posts: 18804
Location: My Mind's Gone
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
....you gotta have faith!!

G

_________________
I Still Love Rock And Roll


Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
I agree, got to have faith! I’m hoping that Ian’s sold out show will be the first show at that place Who better to open up a new city winery?!


Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:06 am
Posts: 5991
Location: NH
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
Thursdays's gig at the Winery has been canceled.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:36 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Post Re: City Winery, Boston MA - 18 Nov 2017
That is very concerning. I was in touch with concierges from Boston and nyc today and was reassured that Ian’s show would take place and that opening tomorrow was likely to happen as scheduled. So this news is not good Justin. I think this is going to go down to the wire.


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:05 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF